* Service may not be free in all areas
Replacement Windows Cost
There are plenty of reasons why you would want to consider window replacement in your home, for all or even just some of the windows.
- The frame material isn’t as energy efficient as it should be
- You have wooden frame windows that needs regular maintenance, and you want an alternative solution
- Your windows are simply just too old and need replacing
- You may be noticing air drafts causing undesired heat or cold depending on the weather.
- You’re upgrading your home and you need a different style of window.
- Your house is fairly dark, and you want more natural light coming in.
Whatever your reason for window replacement is, one of the most frequently asked questions we tend to get
What is the overall replacement windows cost?
How much do replacement windows cost?
How much does a window replacement cost?
To help you figure this out, we’ve created a window replacement cost calculator.
You can use the window replacement cost calculator to get a rough idea of the cost of replacing the windows in your home. Again, this will give you a rough idea. In order to get a more accurate estimate on window replacement cost, we need to know the following:
- Your zip code - prices vary by location. To get the most accurate local pricing, we need to know the area you live in.
- The type of windows you’re looking to replace - prices vary based on the type of windows you want to replace
- Window frame - the window frame material has a bearing on the price. Do you know the type of material you want/need?
- Window pane type - you will have a few options here. Choosing the window pane type not only has a bearing on the upfront price you pay, but also plays a part in reducing (or increasing) your energy expenditure.
- Number of windows - the more windows you want/need, the better the discounts available. Input how many windows you need to see what it will cost you
Replacement Costs Calculator
How much money you will spend on the replacement will depend on how many windows there are to be replaced, your location, the type of window you’re looking to buy, and whether the windows are on the ground floor or upper floors.
If you have many windows to be replaced, getting them all done at once will save you money in the long run,
because the cost per window will go down the more windows you need replaced. However, you may not be able to
afford all windows being replaced at once. In these circumstances, you have two options;
1) replace a few windows at a time, or
2) consider financing.
If you’ve had any damage to your windows due to storms, you may be covered by insurance. Before you talk to your insurance company however, it’s always a good idea to talk to a replacement windows contractor. They will be able to guide you on which route to best take and which route will be most cost-effective for you.
Always choose quality contractors and keep in mind energy efficient technologies to improve comfort while saving money.
Also, weigh up the immediate cost benefit of repairing windows vs the long term cost benefit of replacing windows before making a decision.
Are you ready to start your project? We have a simple method to provide you with costs all at the click of a few buttons and the entry of some information. See our steps below.
CHOOSE YOUR PROJECT AND LOCATION
TELL US ABOUT YOUR PROJECT
GET FREE ESTIMATES FROM CONTRACTORS
When your local window professional contacts you with your window quotes and prices, ask them to advise you on the most energy efficient windows for your house and what incentives you may be entitled to.