There are some areas of the country and the world where tile roofing is pretty common. This has become a part of the landscape in the Southwest because of its distinctive appearance, giving a unique and identifiable look to the area.
However, tile roofing are usually more expensive than…………………………………… asphalt shingles, metal or wood shake roofs, but they also have more life than them, being able to last between 50 to 70 years, and even more.
In this case, when you compare something like longevity, you must to pick the one that gives you more and pays of in the long run.
Maybe you would like to read: The Different Types of Roofing Shingles
Characteristics of tile roofing
This is a roof that is traditional heavy and that sometimes it may require a strong and more structural reinforcement than any other roofing material. Though, you can also find a tile roofing offeren in a new lightwegiht version that can be use without that structural reinforcement.
In this way, while many homeowners may prefer a look of a tradicional Spanish or Mediterranean style for their houses, tile roofing will be also available in exact replications for any kind of rood, so it is easy to imagine it in a wide spectrum of colors and look excellent with them.
Benefits of tile roofs
Besides from the excellent and aesthetic appeal that it gives to your house, and the incredibly long life expectancy and guarantee of tile roofs, there are other benefits to count on before choosing this material over a cheaper one.
- A tile roof perform better under harsh conditions than many other roofing materials.
- They are capable of resist damage caused by hurricanes, earthquakes, and other weather extremes better than most other options. It is also fireproof, and carries a class-A rating.
- Tile roofing is a great insulator, which helps to keep homes warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
- Accessories for tile roofs are widely assorted, including bird stops, cloaked attic vents, hip starters, apexes, and multiple other options.
- Tile also has the unique ability of being able to accent or complement the exterior color or finish of practically any home or building.
- It also gives an air of quality to a structure that can be very appealing to prospective buyers.
When combined with the range of styles and finishes, a tile roof not only adds to the beauty of a structure, it can also add to its resale value.
We also suggest you: How long should your roof last? How can you make it last longer?
Drawbacks of tile roofs
Tile roofing may be pretty more expensive than any other kind of roof, but compared to them it has so much to give you that it is actually the best option. However, if there is any kind of problem with them, it can be difficult to work with since they can break because of its own weight and the worker’s weight.
¡Take a look at our website if you want to read more information like this!