Every homeowners appreciate the options, not only because it gives them the opportunity of have plenty alternatives to choose to, but because it prevents them to get something that is not qualitable or that they do not like.
However, have too many may become also in a disaster.
To prevent the search devolving into this, it is important to whittle down the options while you ask the right questions, such as wich one is the style you like, availability, dependability, etc. This questions must be used with criteria, so you will know what is the most important in your remodel.
If you are one of those people that are open minded to changes but uncertain on wich factor to base your decision, the best way to get out of that state is the safest and smartest, lynchpin is cost. You gotta stablish a price cap so it will be way easier to find out your decision.
Though, the world of kitchen cabinets and countertops is so big and flooded with so many styles and sub styles that you need to be sure of what trendy avoid, because most of them get outdated every year.
In this way, there are some tips in order to know what to do and what not to do while you are choosing cabinets and countertops.
The first thing to decide with cabinets is if you want them to have frames or no frames:
- Frames: They work if you want your kitchen to look more traditional. They have a inche frame at the front of the cabinet.
- Frameless: This one is more for a contemporary kitchen. They have a hidden frame and offer the best accessibility to the contents of the cabinet.
Right after this you have to decide how you cant them to be constructed.
- Stock cabinets: They are found in big box stores. Even when this one is the cheapest options, sometimes prefab cabinets has issues with stability and quality.
- Semi-custom cabinets: These ones are the best for those people who want something good within a great price and flexibility with the environment. They come in a general style that matches with everything.
- Custom cabinets: They will work only if you know exactly what you want, but the price will be more than any other cabinet.
Also, you might look for signs of qualibility:
- Hinges: Regardless of the style, this kind of cabinets are durable and adjustable to everything.
- Floating panels: If they are floating they will expand and contract with temperature changes. This is the best option for those who whant to avoid cracks or frame damages.
- Drawer Slides: This option is stronger than any other. They have drawers supported by side mounted.
The best thing that you could do is avoid exotic or heavily designs. It is way better to keep with the wood and get something that will be in trend every year.
- Maple: This one is great for those who are looking for traditional and contemporary desings.
- Cherry: It is the most durable and mixes with any other wood.
- Oak: As the cherry it is extremely durable and goes well with dark or light colours.
- Pine: It is the best for that people who wants a rugged look.
The cost for a cabinet installation is about $4,500 without include the price of the cabinets or additional hardware.
Even when granite is the most famous because it is visually stunning and durable, it has become common and predictable. People should know that there are plenty options that can replace it and increase the quality, stunning and durability, such as:
- Laminate: Laminate is not what it was in the past, so if you want a countertop that seems more expensive than granite, this is the best option.
- Marble: Just like granite, the marble is a classic for a high-end countertop. However, this option is pretty susceptible to stains and etching.
- Quartz: This is the best for those who do not want granite or marble; it does not require constant maintenance and always look good in kitchens.
- Butcher block: For this one oiling is a must every sic month, but the price and looking makes it extremely attractive to everyone.
- Solid surface: It has a nice looking but is always susceptible to receive scratches. In this way the best thing that someone could do is avoid it.
- Stainless Steel: It is the best if you are looking for something indestructible through years, but avoiding scratches and smears in this one can be difficult.
- Granite: It looks amazing and does not require amounts of upkeep.
If you are interested we recommend you to visit our article about choosing a home improvement company.
For more information we recommend visit our website.