Budgeting the cost window replacement will have is the first thing you should have in mind before going to a good window replacement contractor or doing it yourself. Be wise and take the most using what you have.
Window replacement is not a cheap renovation but it will surely be a necessary renovation. Window replacement can range from $9000 to $16,000 depending on the materials used and how damaged your windows are.
Factors that will have an impact on your window replacement budget
Type of windows, number of them to be replaced their condition, all of it influences on the overall cost so consider:
- The number of windows to be replaced.
- The condition of the window frames in the windows to be replaced.
- The hardware to be used (aesthetic, energy efficiency)
- Type of window (sliding windows, double-hung windows, etc.).
The number of windows needed can make a considerable difference on the prices, since some type of windows are less expensive when bought in units.
Also, your frames’ condition has a weight on the cost of the replacement, some windows, like wooden frame windows, can be fixed through maintenance.
Or glazing problems, like heat or cold being transferred through your windows could be fixed by replacing some panes.
Should You Consider Replacing Your Windows?
Old windows can carry different problems when damaged, those factors can add up to become an extra expense in the long run. You should consider replacing a window if:
- Your windows are no longer energy efficient, when heat or cold is transferred through your windows it will show in your electric bills.
- When moisture is getting through your windows, moisture can carry the risk of mold, mildew and water damage which again will become an extra expense.
- Window frames are rotten, it is poor fitted or the locks are broken, a damaged window is not safe and there’s nothing more valuable than your wellbeing.